Choice Applications for the 2024-2025 School Year: November 6, 2023 - January 10, 2024
In Delaware, the school choice program gives families the flexibility to choose the public school that best meets their child’s needs, providing space exists. Delaware residents with school-age children can apply to go to any public school in the state regardless of the Delaware district in which they reside. If the school has space, then the student will be accepted to attend. Only Delaware residents may apply for this program.
Open Enrollment for the Choice Program is offered November - January of the school year. The district will consider "choice" applications outside of open enrollment if it is determined that "Good Cause" exists.
- A change in the family residence within Delaware
- A family moves to Delaware from out of state
- A change in the marital status of the parents
- A change in guardianship
- Placement in foster care
- Participation in a foreign exchange to Delaware
- A child who is in a substance abuse or health treatment program
- Another reason that is consistent with the reasons above