Registering for Kindergarten
If your child will turn 5 years old on or before August 31st, it is very important that you register your child for kindergarten as soon as possible so we can appropriately plan for next year. Please call Morris Early Childhood Center at 302-422-1650 to schedule a date and time to register. You must bring your child for screening on your scheduled registration date and time.
Please call 422-1650 to schedule a date and time to register
Please indicate if you will need an interpreter
Child must be 5 years old by August 31, 2022 to begin kindergarten
You must bring your child for screening on your scheduled registration date and time
*Please note: Any family who is interested in being considered for the 2022-2023 Spanish Immersion Program lottery will need to register on or before June 7th. Any late registrants will be added to the waiting list.
The following dates and times have been set aside for registration for the 2022-2023 school year:
March 10 (Thursday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
March 14 (Monday): 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
March 29 (Tuesday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
April 6 (Wednesday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
April 12 (Tuesday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
May 4 (Wednesday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
May 19 (Thursday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
June 1 (Wednesday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
June 7 (Tuesday): 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Complete forms online and save/print them. (All forms in the packet need to be filled out and returned). Please print packet single sided.
- Sign forms needing signatures
- Complete the medical information
- Prepare COPIES of the following documents:
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License or Government Issued Identification Card
- Child's Birth Certificate (State Issued Birth Certificate with raised seal)
- Proof of Immunizations/Shot Records
- Legal Documents concerning Custody (if applicable)
- Proof of Residence – Acceptable documents include:
- Utility Bill (gas, electric, water, etc.) The bill must list the address where services are rendered and list the person registering the child.
- Mortgage Statement
- Housing Lease
You have several options on how to get registration packets to us. Please be sure your packet is complete before submitting. Registration will not be complete until we have received all necessary documents listed above.
Mail forms to:
Attention: Morris Registration
Morris Early Childhood Center
8609 Third St.
Lincoln, DE 19960
Email forms to MECCRegistration@msd.k12.de.us (please put Registration in the subject line of your email) or fax forms to 302-424-5447.
- Need help scanning in documents from home? Check out this website for an iPhone and Android friendly app, CamScanner.
- Have an iPhone? Check out these step-by-step instructions to use your Notes app as a scanner for your documents!
Pick up or Drop off - please call school in advance to coordinate this - 302-422-1650